Recap of Week 6
- Try making rolls from Master Recipe in Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: 100 New Recipes Featuring Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Gluten-Free Ingredients I did not try to make rolls. However, I did use the master recipe to make sandwich bread. It was delicious. I also added rosemary and olive oil to a portion of the master recipe to make a loaf of bread to go with our linguine with clam sauce. Awesome!
- Start a collection of family friendly vegetarian meals. I found a couple of blogs and cookbooks that have some yummy family friendly recipes.
- The Veggie Table
- Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly: Quick Vegetarian Meals Your Kids Will Love!
- Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home: Fast and Easy Recipes for Any Day
- Research how to make homemade kefir. I did not do this because I have registered for the GNOWFGLINS Fundamentals eCourse and there is a lesson included on how to make kefir.
- Total Mom Haircut's post ~ I Love Trader Joe's
- Kitchen Stewardship's Pepper Steak - Very simple and very yummy!
Week 7 Goals
- No white sugar. We all had too much Valentine's Day chocolate this weekend!
- Work on decreasing the amount of juice Wes drinks.
- Begin to develop a Menu Planner (master list of dinner ideas).
Egg in a Hole (heart shaped) and Bacon
WW Bagels and Cream Cheese
Granola and Yogurt
Fruit and Kefir
Corn Muffins (left over from dinner on Tuesday)
Sunday - Ribs, Red Rice, and Coleslaw
Monday - Black Bean Burritos
Tuesday - Lima Bean Soup and Corn Muffins
Wednesday - Shrimp Scampi and Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan
Thursday - Beef and Bean Chili
Friday - Homemade Pizza - Pesto, Tomato, Black Olive, and Feta/Double Cheese
Check out what other bloggers are eating at I'm an Organizing Junkie.
Do you have any kid friendly "meatless meal" ideas? Please share!
To see all of the posts in this series go here!