Thursday, October 22, 2009

P is for Pumpkin

Photobucket

On Sunday we are planning to go the pumpkin patch. Therefore, I decided that Wes and I would do some pumpkin and Letter "P" activities this week. Here are some of the things we did:

Potato Prints

The girls joined in for this, as well.


Gracen made an AB pattern.



Sam made a flower.

Wes made his potato prints on a large letter "P" We let it dry.
Then I cut it out and Wes put pumpkin stickers on it.
I know ~ they are really Jack-o-Lantern stickers,
I did not have any uncarved pumpkins.


We read Pumpkin Circle: The Story of a Garden.
This is a beautiful non-fiction book about the development of a pumpkin seed into a plant, pumpkin, jack-o'-lantern, and, completing the circle, back to seed again.

After reading the story, Wes did this pumpkin puzzle.
He had to count pumpkin seeds on pieces of the puzzle
and match those pieces to the pieces with corresponding numbers.



For additional pumpkin printables, visit this page on my wiki and look under "P".

For additional Learning Through Love posts, visit My Family My Forever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool pumpkin prints. I received the book today, thank you so much!

Debbie said...

I love all the art projects! Great idea to use the potatoes!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

OH FUN! I love the potato prints! How creative to make a flower it's really very cute!

Susana said...

Thank you so much for linking up! I really appreciate it:-). You're super!

I love what you did with the potato prints, like the colors too.

That pumpkin letter "Pp" is adorable.

Can't wait to see pictures from the pumpkin patch?!

Sandra said...

Great art projecs. The P for Pumpkin art and pumpkin puzzle were our favorites.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I really like your pumpkin projects, and it's great that the girls participated as well. I haven't read this pumpkin book - something to look up next year :)