The winner of last week's FGG winner is
Heather from The McDougle Family is Growing.
Good Luck this week!
Back of the book description: This devotional Bible for young girls uses Scripture selections from the International Children's Bible alongside articles that help girls blossom into the princesses they were always meant to be. Virtures to create true beauty, such as honor, charity, compassion, sharing, truth, fairness, and more are highlighted throughout the book in fun and engaging ways.
What made this Bible special to me?
All of the fun features it contains:
- Down in My Heart ~ Promotes scripture memory
- Beauty Secrets ~ Quick tips on how to be "beautiful"
- Bible Princesses ~ Tells about girls and women of the Bible
- My Hero ~ Scripture promises
- Take a Bow ~ Tips on how to make quick and easy costumes
- I Adore You ~ Suggestions for worship and praise
- Princess Charming ~ Articles to help teach manners
- Worthy of Love ~ Shows ways to love your family, friends, and teachers
- Royal Truths ~ Basic values straight from the Bible
What made this Bible special to Gracen?
- The "diamonds and jewels" are on the cover.
- "The Princess Favorites" Pages - This section is at the very beginning of the Bible, and is meant to be completed by the little princess and one of her parents. The pages are like a mini-scrapbook. They have places to write about all of her favorites (colors, animals, foods, toys, things to do, games, songs, and Bible Verses). Gracen and I had fun with this section and it helped to personalize the Bible. It made her feel special that the Bible contained all of her information and was specifically for her.
If you are interested in God's Little Princess Devotional Bible: Bible Storybook, Amazon currently has it at a bargain price. The cost is $6.40, which is 60% off of the original price.
Back of the book description: This book and DVD combination offers two entertaining ways for children to begin learning about God and His Word. Inside you'll find:
- 40 Bible stories in short, just-right-for toddlers length.
- 60-minute DVD with animated Bible characters sure to capture your toddler's attention.
- Old and New Testament stories, including the Creation, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and many more.
- Interactive learning suggestions that not only reinforce biblical stories and concepts, but also encourage parent/child together time.
- Colorful illustrations and animation designed to engage your toddler's interest.
What made this Bible special to me?
- At the end of each story there is an activity tip for the parents. It provides ideas and suggestions for fun activities that coordinate with the stories.
- The illustrations are colorful, and toddler-friendly.
What made this Bible special to Wes?
- The DVD. He absolutely loved it. To be honest, I really wasn't expecting him to be interested. However, he watched almost 40 minutes and asked to watch it again later in the day.
- Wes also really enjoyed the projects (suggested in the activity tips) that we did.
For this giveaway, I am offering one lucky winner the Read and Share Bible. It is ideal for preschoolers, contains over 200 stories, encourages scripture memory, and offers activity ideas.
If you are interested in Read and Share Bible: Over 200 Best Loved Bible Stories (Read and Share (Tommy Nelson)) (and don't win this giveaway), it is currently 51% off at Amazon. You can get it for only $7.41. Perfect Christmas gift!
First Entry Requirement ~ Tell me about your child's favorite Bible story.
1. Tell me about an activity to accompany your child's favorite Bible story (2 entries).
2. Subscribe to my blog. (1 entry)
3. Follow Thomas Nelson Publishing on Twitter (1 entry).
*Make sure and leave a comment after this post for each entry so I can give you all the credit you deserve (and don't forget your email address too)! Winner will be announced Friday, October 30, and contacted by email. Winner has three days to contact me at email@example.com. After three days another winner will be drawn.*