Sunday, February 14, 2010

Simple Plan ~ Healthy Food


For the past six weeks, I have been diligently working to change my family's ways of eating.  We have been eating less sugar, eating grass fed meats, drinking raw milk, soaking our grains, and baking our own breads.  I am very proud of the changes that we have made.   However, the more I read the more the more I realize that there are still additional changes we need to make.  I also realize that I still have a lot to learn.

To help me on my journey to healthful eating, I have registered for GNOWFGLINS Fundamentals eCourse.
This is a brand new, on-line healthy and traditional cooking course.  It will focus on the simple, fundamental, traditional cooking skills that should be a part of every healthy kitchen.

The ecourse will consist of a combination of audio, video and/or print formats.  In addition, there is a member forum where I will be able to get to know and exchange ideas with other members.  I am very excited to get started.

Here is an overview of what I will be learning:

  • Lesson 1: The GNOWFGLINS Foundation
  • Lesson 2: How to Soak Whole Grains, Nuts and Seeds
  • Lesson 3: How to Make Soaked Whole-Grain Flour Baked Goods I
  • Lesson 4: How to Make Soaked Whole-Grain Flour Baked Goods II
  • Lesson 5: How to Soak and Cook Dry Beans
  • Lesson 6: How to Sprout Beans
  • Lesson 7: How to Cook a Chicken and Make Chicken Stock
  • Lesson 8: How to Make Skillet Dishes: A Dinner Formula
  • Lesson 9: How to Make Water Kefir
  • Lesson 10: How to Make Dairy Kefir
  • Lesson 11: How to Make Soft, Spreadable Cheese
  • Lesson 12: How to Make Sourdough Bread
  • Lesson 13: How to Sprout Whole Grains for Sprouted Grain Flour & How to Bake With Sprouted Grain Flour
  • Lesson 14: How to Make Natural Pickled Foods
Check out this  Sneak Peek video:  Basic Whole Grain Soaked Muffins.


Here is the printable recipe.
Soaked Muffins Recipe Notes 1
 

Although I am only six weeks into this journey, I am already experiencing positive outcomes.  I have more energy, less digestive trouble, and have lost a few pounds.  The only hard part has been the cost.  Our grocery bill has definitely seen an increase.  This is another reason I am excited to begin this ecourse.  It will teach me how to make (from scratch) some of the items I am currently buying.  This will definitely reduce my grocery costs. 

This 5-month cooking eCourse costs just $27 per month (that’s $6.75 per lesson).  I know I will save at least that much on my grocery bill, and will learn lessons that I can carry with me on this journey.

Gnowfglins Fundamental eCourse registration is currently open.  It closes on February 22nd (5pm), so check it out and register today! Spaces are limited.