When planning my New Year Resolutions, I like to revisit and review the resolutions I made for the previous year. Was I successful? What worked? What did not work? What can I do to make my family happier and healthier?
My 2009 Resolutions were:
- Feed my family more whole foods and less convenience foods. I did very well with this!
- Exercise more consistently. Better, but still needs to be more consistent.
- Stick to a weekly budget. Successful!
- Create and write Bible story units for The Itty-Bitty Bookworm. Almost complete.
My 2010 Resolutions are:
- Eliminate sugar and white flour "junk" from our diets. Specifically sugary breakfast cereals, cereal and granola bars, baked goods, white bread, and white pasta.
- Read Real Food: What to Eat and Why and Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats and incorporate what I learn from these books.
- Exercise more consistently (Wii Fit and running).
- Begin each day with 15 minutes of quiet time (for prayer, meditation, devotional reading).
- Continue to work on creating a Kindergarten curriculum for The Itty-Bitty Bookworm.
- Blog more consistently.
- Create more opportunities for one on one time with each of my children.
- Have more "date nights".
- Have a family night once a week.