Sunday, October 25, 2009

Simply Made Sunday: Puppy Chow

New to SMS go here!


For Gracen's LPS birthday party, we made Puppy Chow to put in her party favor bags. It is super simple, and so yummy!

Our Ingredients


Nine cups of corn chex in a large mixing bowl


In a separate bowl ~
1 cup of chocolate chips


1/2 cup of peanut butter


1/2 stick of butter
Microwave for 45 sec.- 1min.
Stir in 1tsp vanilla.


Mix and pour over corn chex.
Stir to coat the chex.


Pour 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar into a large zip-loc bag.
Add the chocolatey chex.
Shake until coated.


Yum!

Here is a printable recipe and the tags that I made to attach to the bags of puppy chow.
Puppy Chow


OK, now it's your turn to share some fun from your kitchen. I can't wait to see what you've done and get some fun and yummy ideas too!



8 comments:

Susana said...

Oooooh, we've made these before too, and love them! I can't make them too often, b/c I can't stop eating them:-).

Great pictures of your kitchen helpers too:-).

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I use to make puppy chow all the time when i was a preschool teacher! :)

Andrea said...

I just got a box of Chex cereal and saw this, but it's called Muddy Buddies. LOVE it, either way. YUM!

Virginia Lee said...

Kinda looks like puppy food too. I bet it was a big hit.

http://rogersfamilycircus.blogspot.com

Susana said...

I forgot to mention yesterday, I really like all of the printables you include in your post. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I know it's not super easy or quick to do!!

Mandy said...

I'm so glad to see someone else who frequents Aldi's!

Tara Broman said...

Susana, Yes it is very dangerous for me to have this around at my house. It can be addicting! You are quite welcome for the printables. I don't mind at all. In fact, it is kind of fun to make them. I wish I had more time to create more.

Shannon, I made it with my preschoolers, as well!

Virginia Lee, It does look like puppy chow. In fact, several children at Gracen's party asked me if it was for them or their dogs.

Trench Mommy, Aldi's saves me a lot of money. When I go I stock up on cereal, baking items, pasta, rice, and other staple items.

Does anyone else shop at Aldi's? What have you tried that you like?

Jenny said...

I love these. I call them Muddy Buddies, but we don't put any butter in them. It tastes totally fine without it.