Saturday, September 26, 2009

Simply Made Sunday: A Vintage PB Cookie Recipe

Susana from Our Homeschool Fun has graciously gifted me with the Simply Made Sunday Carnival. Thanks so much, Susana! You can now visit her at My Family My Forever.

If you are new to the carnival here is some info:

What Is Simply Made Sunday-In the Kitchen With Mom?
Simply Made Sunday is a new linky carnival I will host each Sunday here at Raising Itty-Bitty Bookworms. Each Sunday I will share anything I've created in our kitchen either with or for my kids. This may or may not be something edible. This is a super way to bring together lots of fun kitchen crafts and recipes to share with others. This brings me to the rules for participating....

Simply Made Sunday Rules For Participation:

  1. You may share recipes you have made currently, or have made in the past--in other words, older kitchen creation posts are welcome any time!
  2. Your kitchen creation link does not have to be edible--for example, all homemade play dough recipes aren't edible, but would be a great kitchen craft to share.
  3. Your kids do not have to help make what you link up, this can be something you've made with them or for them.
  4. Please make sure and include a link back here to my blog, the home of Simply Made Sunday, in your post.
  5. You do not have to, but it would be greatly appreciated:-) if you used a Simply Made Sunday button in your post--you can grab one from my sidebar.
If you have any questions leave a comment or email me and I will gladly answer you! Now, here is my Simply Made Sunday recipe from our week of fun in the kitchen!



I collect vintage cookbooks. I love their musky smell, their old-fashioned pictures, and their yummy (and sometimes zany) recipes. My most recent purchase is a children's Home Economics recipe book, titled "Sugar An' spice And All Things Nice". It was published in 1951 by Westinghouse.


Here is the cover.

Isn't it cute?


My girls and I decided to try the Peanut Butter Cookies recipe.


Here it is...

Download it here!



They turned out so yummy!


OK, now it's your turn to share some fun from your kitchen. I can't wait to see what you've done and get some fun and yummy ideas too!

8 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

I have been linking up to Simply Made Sunday on Susana's blog, so I will definitely join you here most weeks.

I think it is very cool that you collect vintage cookbooks.

Susana said...

I LOVE your vintage cookbook! LOVE pnut butter cookies too.

Thanks for linking to me again:-).

I'll be back tomorrow morning to link up my SMS recipe!!

Andrea said...

Look yummy!!! We did cookies this week, too! :D

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that is cool yo ucollect vintage cookbooks! that one looks super cute!

Sherry said...

Love that cookbook!

Tara Broman said...

I am thrilled that you all appreciate my vintage cookbooks. Unfortunately, my family does not always share your enthusiasm. I guess it is because I have made them try some crazy recipes from them!

I will share some of the other fun cookbooks in my collection in future posts.

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

oh wow, those look great! my grammy made those!! i'll totally be giving these a try!

diyfrugal said...

Those look DELISH! I love vintage recipes too - only they always say to sift and I don't even have a sifter!

Sarah
www.genesismoments.com