Monday, April 12, 2010

Yummy Green Smoothies and Tweet, Eat, Post

Green Smoothies
We have been making a LOT of smoothies.  They are so simple to make.  We just dump everything into our Blendtec, push the "Smoothie" button, and in less than 30 seconds our nutritious breakfast is prepared.  My kids are still loving this strawberry banana smoothie.  However, I have been experimenting with some green smoothie recipes, as well.  Here is one of my favorites:


Spinach - Mango Smoothie
1 big handful of Spinach
1/2-1 cup of Trader Joe's Frozen Mango
*1 cup of Water, Milk, or Unsweetened Almond Milk
**Ice - Enough to get the consistency you like 
*I do 1/2cup water and 1/2 cup whole milk.
**I do about a cup of ice.

I have also discovered Vega's Whole Food Health Optimizer, which I am loving.  I started putting it in my smoothies because I have trouble with anemia and it has lots of iron.   Within just a couple of days, I am feeling like a new woman.  Seriously, this stuff is wonderful.  Here is how I have been using it:

My Vega Smoothie
1 scoop Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer
(I have the Vanilla Chai.)
1/2 banana
1 cup of water
1 cup of ice


Tweet, Eat, Post
In an effort to lose some weight, eat healthy, and be accountable, a friend and I have started food journaling through the use of Twitter.  It is so easy and convenient.  You just tweet each time you eat.  Then, you can generate a food table of your daily intake.  You can read all about how it works on Roni's Weigh.  If you are interested in following my food journal, here is the link.  If you decide to start using this, let em know and I will follow you, as well.  It could be a great way to get some new healthy meal planning and snack ideas.

This post is part of the Mouthwatering Monday Blog Carnival over at A Southern Fairytale, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdsays at  Blessed with Grace, Tasty Tuesdays at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, and  Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff.  Stop by for more yumminess.