Monday, March 29, 2010

Smoothies in Our New Blendtec (and a picture recipe for preschoolers)

I have been wanting to experiment with some different smoothie recipes, but my blender was the absolute pits. It was a cheapo that we got when we were first married and always left chunks of ice in our smoothies.  Therefore, I was so excited when I received a Blendtec  to try and review.  I had read so many glowing reviews of the Blendtec and could not wait to give it a whirl. 

For our first experience we made Strawberry Banana Smoothies.  They were ridiculously simple to make because the Blendtec has a specific digital touchpad setting for smoothies.  We just loaded up our ingredients and pushed the "Smoothie" button.  We didn't have to hold the lid down or even stand and wait near the blender because this magical machine automatically turns off when the cycle is complete.

Making our smoothies was truly so easy that I knew my girls could make them by themselves, so I made this picture recipe to make it easy for Gracen to read and follow.  The next morning the girls made their breakfast smoothies all by themselves. Lovely!


 The smoothies went over well, so next week I am going to experiment with some green smoothie recipes.   Anyone have a good recipe?

This post is part of the Mouthwatering Monday Blog Carnival over at A Southern Fairytale, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdsays at  Blessed with Grace, Tasty Tuesdays at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, and  Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff.  Stop by for more yumminess.