Peanut ButterfliesTo go along with our butterfly books, we decided to make Peanut Butterflies. They were fun to make and Wes and Sam thought they were yummy. Gracen did not care for them. I think they were to peanutty for her. John loved them.
Here is how we made the butterflies:
- Make the peanut butter dough.
- Roll two large balls of dough, place them side by side on a baking sheet, and gently flatten them.
- Roll two smaller balls of dough, place them underneath the flattened balls on the baking sheet, and gently flatten.
- Gently press all of the balls together so they are forming a butterfly shape.
- Roll a small cylinder shape to create the body of the butterfly. Place it in the middle of the butterfly wings.
- Decorate with mini chocolate chips.
This recipe and idea came from The Kids-Did-It! Cookie Bookie This deliciously cute cookbook is an introduction to baking for kids ages 3 to 12. It includes 14 tasty, easy-to-follow and fun-to-look-at cookie recipes, each illustrated with colorful animal paintings and other watercolors created by kids.