Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Crazy Week

Wow!  The past week has been quite crazy around here.  Sam was recovering from Strep throat, Wes had pink eye and a 24 hour bug, and I was having trouble with anemia.  Double yuck!  Thankfully, we were all finally feeling better.

Sam started swim team conditioning this week.  She swims three afternoons a week at one of the local high schools.  It has been working out well because while she swims I am able to use the track.  I am hoping to be able to do a 5K in May.  So far, so good.  I do need some new running shoes, though.  Any suggestions?

Gracen and Wes had their first soccer practice of the season this afternoon.  It was Wes's first time playing an organized sport.  They both had a great time.  Gracen was especially excited because one of her BFFs from school was on her team.  Here are some pics I got of them at practice.

I was only able to get one of Gracen because ~
well, she is in first grade now and too cool to have her mom
snapping a bunch of pics of her.

In the car, on the way to practice,
Wes confessed that he was a little
"wowwied",
but he was fine once we got there.

Learning to dribble.

When Sam was younger she used to stick
her tongue out when she was concentrating.
Now, Wes does it.

See what I mean?
By the end of the hour and a half practice,
we had one tired little man!

Now, I am off to tackle the mountain of laundry in my basement. 
Wish me luck!