Sunday, November 15, 2009

Simply Made Sunday: The Perfect Sugar Cookie


The girls and I are on a mission to find the perfect sugar cookie recipe. We want to find it, so that we can make the best decorated sugar cookies for Christmas. We have decided to try this recipe first.


Sugar Cookie Recipe

It is from one of my vintage cookbooks for children. It is titled Sugar and Spice and was published by Westinghouse.

We have not had a chance to make them yet because we have had a super busy weekend. However, the day is not over. I am hoping to make them when Wes is napping. Check back for pics and to find out how they turn out.

Update:
We made the vintage sugar cookie recipe that I posted about here. The cookies turned out perfectly. They are soft (but not too soft) and sweet (but not too sweet). This recipe will be great for making Christmas Cut Out Sugar Cookies.


If you like this vintage recipe, see this post for another one like it.

OK, now it's your turn to share some fun from your kitchen. I can't wait to see what you've done and get some fun and yummy ideas too!

4 comments:

Susana said...

I have yet to find a good sugar cookie recipe--never made one from scratch that was edible:-). If this works you've got to let me know!!

Annette W. said...

Yes, do let us know your thoughts. I still need a good one~!

Christy Killoran said...

I'm on the hunt for the perfect recipe too. I hope this is it!

Nadia said...

thanks for sharing the recipe.. it looks really yummy!