Sunday, October 4, 2009

Simply Made Sunday: Gingersnap Truffles


Last week we were invited to a potluck dinner and were asked to bring a dessert. I wanted to make something inspired by Fall. As I was flipping through Better Homes and Gardens, I saw lots of yummy pumpkin desserts that I contemplated. But then I spied a treat which combines two of my favorites: Ginger and Chocolate. Decision made! Thanks BH&G!

Here is the recipe for Pumpkin Spiced Gingersnap Truffles.

Ingredients:


Chop 3/4 cup gingersnaps.

Combine chocolate chips, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
Heat whipping cream until just boiling.
Pour cream over chocolate mixture.
Let stand 5 minutes and whisk until smooth.

Cover and refrigerate for 1.5-2 hours or until firm,
but soft enough to form into balls.

Crush 1/3 cup gingersnaps.
Put in a bowl and add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.


Shape truffle mixture into 1 inch balls.
Roll in crushed gingersnaps and/or cocoa powder to coat.

Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
Store covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.


Here's a printable recipe:

Pumpkin-Spiced Gingersnap Truffles

OK, now it's your turn to share some fun from your kitchen. I can't wait to see what you've done and get some fun and yummy ideas too!

3 comments:

Susana said...

Tara, these are awesome!!

A super recipe for the holidays--thank you!

Andrea said...

These look delicious! What a great idea to combine these ingredients! Mmmn. I'll be posting mine later. :)

Sherry said...

Those look great! Never cooked or baked with ginger before something I will have to try! Sorry I posted so late!