Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gifts for Teachers

I have been trying to think about what to get for my children's teachers this year. Having been a teacher, I know that I do not want to get them another coffee cup or teacher themed collectible. However, not knowing all of them on a personal level makes it difficult to shop and choose something for them. Having three children, who each have at least 1 teacher, makes it expensive, as well. Therefore, this year, I decided that my children and I would make their teacher's presents.

I wanted to make our teachers something unique and special, so I went to Martha Stewart for ideas. Of course, she had tons of cute ideas for homemade holiday gifts. Here are the ones we will be making:

















Velvet Ribbon Belts























Tea Cup Candles




















Bath Salts

So, what are you giving your children's teachers this year? Leave me a comment with your ideas or links.


Read Inch by Inch!


11 comments:

KR said...

I especially love the tea cup candles. I will definitely be making some of these for co-workers! Plus, it's another great excuse to go to the auction!
Thanks Tara!
MJ

Terra said...

I can't tell you because the teachers in my life might be reading this (since I sent the link!) but I will say I like to think about what they get and get something they need,like or will use!!!

Becky said...

Of all the wonderful teacher gifts I've received over the years, I must honestly say that Terra's friendship has been the most precious.

Beth - Total Mom Haircut said...

Oh, this is funny. I just put up a post on the same topic at Imperfect Parent. Yours seems more helpful than mine though:) I love those candles!
Beth
http://www.totalmomhaircut.com/

Louisa Claire said...

What a lovely blog you have and what gorgeous and thoughtful gifts you are giving! Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the comps. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you in blogland :)

AP Mommy said...

I love the tea cup candles! They're wonderful.

I would also recommend: Recipes in a jar. Like a cookies or even soups -

all you need is a mason jar, a few searches on google for ingredient and then a trip to the store. Fill the mason jar with the ingredients, create a tag with instructions and tada!

Tassi said...

Great ideas! I'll have to check out her book.

Clemencia said...

Thank you so much for your blog and friendship shared with me, I have an award for you in my blog http://storytime-storytime.blogspot.com/2009/03/more-award-winners.html
enjoy!

cre8tone said...

Nice gifts!

Annette W. said...

As a former teacher, I always appreciated all gifts, especially well thought out ones...but that's hard...when you don't know them personally. Honestly, consumable gifts were some of my favorites...bc I don't need a lot. Also books for the classroom and book store cards were great...and evev simple bookmarks!

Felicia said...

What an adorable website you have!!! I love it!!! Going to follow now!