Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hamburger Stroganoff

I used to make a hamburger stroganoff that used canned cream of mushroom soup.  My whole family loved it.  It was one of those "no leftovers" recipes.  However, I know that the canned cream of... soups are not all that healthy, so I decided to try and create my own recipe.  The result was perfect.  Maybe even better than the original.  Proof...no leftovers.

Ingredients:

1 lb. Hamburger Meat
1 packet Simply Organic Brown Gravy Mix
1 c. Water
Mushrooms
1/2 Block of Cream Cheese
Splash of Milk
1/2 c. Sour Cream
Worcestershire Sauce
Salt
Egg Noodles
Brown the hamburger meat and drain the fat. 
Add a packet of Simply Organic Brown Gravy Mix
and 1 cup of water. 
Simmer for a few minutes.
Add cream cheese, a splash of milk, sour cream,
and salt, pepper, and Worcestershire to taste. 
Stir and simmer for 10 minute or so. 
Serve over rice or egg noodles.


Hamburger Stroganoff

For more yummy recipes, visit Tasty Tuesday over at Beauty and Bedlam and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace.