Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Bookworm's Bookbag

Each and every time that I browse through my Google Reader, I am amazed at how many creative and talented educators there are out there in the blog world.  I often send links to my favorite posts to some of my friends in the early childhood field.  They are always so appreciative because they love the fun, fresh ideas.  Many of them tell me that they wish they had more time to regularly read blogs because it gives them so many activity ideas to incorporate into their classrooms.  This got me to thinking....

I am sure many of you are familiar with Mailbox magazine.  Well, my idea is similar.  Let's combine the best early childhood blog posts and publish them as e-books (one for each month of the year).  I think this type of compilation would help all of those educators who simply don't have time to read through lots of blogs.

Here is how it will  work:  At the beginning of the month I will post a topic (such as Valentine's Day).  If you have an activity idea based on a Valentine's Day book, you can email it to me.  Your idea  can be one that you have already posted on your blog or something new.  I will collect all of the submissions and after the deadline I will select the ones that will be published.  If your idea is published, we will pay you $10 or you may choose one of The Itty-Bitty Bookworm downloads absolutely fee.  When we publish your idea, we will site your blog link.  Hopefully, this will drive some additional traffic to your site.

Interested? Go to We Teach and sign up to become a member.  Then join The Bookworm's Bookbag group.  There you will find the submission guidelines, current themes, etc. 

Please send a link to this post to anyone you think may be interested.

Any suggestions?  Thoughts on a title for the publication?  I am all ears (or eyes)!

28 comments:

Amy @ Literacy Launchpad said...

Definitely interested. Great idea! amy @ literacylaunchpad (DOT) com

Goat Gal said...

I am totally interested!
sarahlscott@gmail.com

Gabriele said...

definitely interested :)
twocblog@gmail.com

MaryAnne said...

I'm interested =)

thriftycraftmama at gmail dot com

Mozer said...

I'm interested as well.

scrappermo @yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

mymontessorihome@mts.net

Great Idea!

http://mymontessorihomeblog.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

this is such a fun idea

scharris21@gmail.com

Annette W. said...

Excellent idea to bring the blog community together!
derekannette at gmail dot com

Ashley said...

I would be interested. I love reading all the great ideas on blogs.

meandmarie18@gmail.com

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Totally interested - sunnyvale422@gmail.com

Karen @ PreKinders said...

You come up with great ideas, Tara. I would definitely be interested.
karen at prekinders com

Debbie said...

This sounds like such a great idea! Count me in! ingolddebs@yahoo.com

Richele McFarlin said...

Very very interested! Please contact me at richelemcfarlin@bex.net or meanmamareviews@gmail.com.

THANKS!!!

Lynn said...

What a great idea. I'd love to play along. lmw6600 @ gmail.com

Marlana said...

What a great concept! Count me in if it includes web sites and not just blogs.

marlanajill at yahoo dot com

Deborah Stewart said...

I am interested!
Preschoolprofessional@yahoo.com

sunnymum said...

Nice idea! I'm interested in helping too.
cbeargie at yahoo.com

Willow said...

Great idea! jsqueen@carolina.rr.com

Stacy said...

I'm definitely interested.
gingeroo616@aol.com

Jolanthe said...

What a great idea Tara!! :)

Jo Shabo said...

I am very interested!! :)

sunshine12345678@hotmail.com

Gidget Girl Reading said...

sounds great i emailed you about it last night!

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

Great idea! Thanks for offering to do this. I am not sure I would be able to offer alot, would love to read what you compile.

chasingmarcus @ gmail . com

Elise said...

Sounds like a fantastic idea. The blogging community is full of creative and inspirational ideas. I think it would be invaluable to have a publication like this.

My email address is:
eliseviablog@bigpond.com

Richele McFarlin said...

I tried to contact you by replying to your email about submissions...but the same email was sent. I tried emailing you and that also gets sent back. lol. Crazy, huh? I have a few questions about the submissions, themes and where to send them. I would also like to know if you would be interested in being featured on Curriculum Choice. Please email me at: richelemcfarlin@bex.net

THANKS!

Michelle said...

This is an amazing idea, I am very interested!!

The Mom I Want To Be said...

Great Idea!
I am interested.

Jodi Renshaw said...

I love this idea! Please keep me posted.

xo
Jodi