Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our First Pioneer Woman Recipe


It came!  Despite the snow storm, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girlpromptly arrived on my front porch on Saturday morning.   Thank you, nice mailman!


I had been so excited to read this book, that I read the entire thing in one sitting.  All I can say is ~ LOVED IT!  It is so much more than just a cookbook. It contains beautiful photography, home-spun stories, lots of fun country clipart, and (of course) scrumptious-sounding recipes. In fact, as I read over each recipe, I realized that I want to try almost all of them.

Samantha saw me reading it and asked if she could read it when I was finished.  As soon as I finished, I handed the book over to her.  She loved all of the pictures of  Ree's horses.  She also picked out several recipes that she wants to try to make.  One was Ree's "Egg in the Hole". So, Sunday morning Samantha gave and I tried our first Pioneer Girl recipe.  







 

 

 

 

 

First Recipe:  A+

Easy to make.
Sam cooked the whole thing by herself (I helped flip). 
Very yummy.
Everyone loved it.

8 comments:

Annette W. said...

We call it an egg in the basket. I hope you toasted your hole and ate it!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

we always called it toad in a hole not sure why! but they are yummy!!!!

I'm going to have to check it out from our library!

i just got the 365 days of crockpot cooking (i loved her blog) book from the library

Rose said...

We always called it egg in a nest and it is yummy. Haven't made it in years and seeing it made me want to make some again.

Cara said...

I just got this cookbook too, and I'm loving it also. I can't wait to try out some of the recipes!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

We used to call it "toad in a hole"! Delicious. I need to get this recipe book!

Melissa Smith said...

Hi Tara! We made Buckeye Balls from your recipe posted a few days ago. They were delicious! Is there a secret for making them pretty as well as yummy? Most of ours looked a little, hmm, smushed. : )

Tara Broman said...

Cara, I am making the cinnamon rolls now. I will post about how they turn out. So far, so good!

Becky, You should definitely get it. You will love it! So much yumminess in one book.

Scripture Melodies, Nope, no trick! Mine are not the prettiest either. However, it does get easier each year I make them. I am glad you all enjoyed them.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Unknown said...

My Mom made these for us when we were kids and I've made them for my kiddo's too, but we always called them "1 Eyed Monsters!" :)