Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Favorite Easter Tradition

Easter morning is a busy, but fun time at my house.  We always begin by waking up early to see what the Easter Bunny has left.  After the children have eaten half of their chocolate bunnies, several Peeps, a handful of bubble gum eggs, and a hundred jelly beans, we have breakfast.  Needless to say, they don't ever eat much but they have to have something to chase down all of that sugar.  I usually prepare a breakfast casserole the night before, so that all I have to do is pop it in the oven.  In the past few years, I have made this and this.  This year I am going to try this breakfast casserole from Mommy's Kitchen.


After breakfast, we all go outside to see if anything grew in our jellybean garden. Each and every year, the children are amazed that where they planted jelly beans (the night before) loads of lollipops have sprouted up.  This is my very favorite tradition.

After we pick lollipops, we go inside and get dressed for church.  In the past, after church, we have always gotten together with family for a big Easter dinner.  However, since we have moved, my in-laws will be coming to visit us.  This will be the first year that we have hosted Easter dinner, so I am excited to plan and cook.  It is my family's tradition to serve ham, macaroni and cheese, collards, and biscuits, so I will be making these and some new recipes, as well. 


This Year's Easter Dinner Menu:

Ham with Pinapple-Orange Dijon Glaze
Corn Spoon Bread
Collard Greens
Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
Potato Casserole with Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Cream Cheese
Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits
Coconut Cream Cake

What are your Easter traditions?  What is on your Easter dinner menu?

This post is linked to Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Designs.
photo credit:  Easter dinner