Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Ina Garten - The Barefoot Contessa has always been one of my favorite Food Network celebrities, but now she is my new best friend.  This is why:


John made this Grilled Tuna Salad this weekend, and it is truly one of the best things I have ever tasted!  You have to try it.

Grilled Tuna Salad

Smashbox Cosmetics
- I have been a faithful Bare Minerals customer for several years.   However, my faith has been tested. This weekend I went to Ulta to get some Bare Minerals foundation and saw this Smashbox Beauty Confidential Kit.  I decided to give it a try, and I am so glad I did.  I love everything in this kit.  The foundation primer makes my skin look so smooth, the eye and blush colors are classic, natural, and matte, the eye colors stay in place all day, and the lip gloss is a nice neutral and tastes yummy.  I am hooked! 


 Skin MD Naturals Shielding Lotion - When I was contacted about reviewing this product my hands were so dry they were cracking and Wes was having an eczema outbreak.  Needless to say, I was anxious to give this lotion a shot.  It did not disappoint.  After using it exclusively for a few days my hands looked (and felt) so much better.  In addition, Wes had stopped scratching and his tummy no longer felt like scaly lizard skin.  Yay!  If you are suffering from the vicious cycle of dry skin, you should check out this natural, eco-friendly product.


 Gock's Frocks - I have been lusting after this Yoga Collection for women for a long time, so I finally decided to treat myself.  I chose to get a custom made skirt, so that I could choose the fabrics and designs.  So exciting!  The only problem is ~ it is so hard to choose!  Here is one of my favorite color schemes.  Hint, Hint ~ I will be hosting a giveaway for a child's size skirt in April.  Be sure to check back!