Here is how I did with Week Four's Goals
- Transition to Raw Milk - This went very smoothly. My children love it. In fact, I think they have been drinking more milk than normal. I have never been much of a milk drinker. I never really liked the taste, and it usually bothered my stomach. I have had no stomach issues with the raw milk, and I actually like the taste. YAY!
- Continue to look for a Homemade Sandwich Bread Recipe. So far my family likes Musings of a Housewife's Homemade Whole Wheat Bread Recipe the best. This week I am going to try soaking the flour before I bake the bread. I'll let you know how that goes. I also want to try this recipe from Upon Our Hearts:
2 t. yeast
2 T. melted butter
2 T. sugar or honey
1 t. salt
1/2 C. flour
Let bread machine knead bread. Shape and place in greased bread pan. Rise to double (I usually set the bread pan in a cake pan filled with warm water). Bake 30 minutes at 350.
- Research Local Farms (Beef, Poultry, Dairy). - I wasn't very successful on my own. I was having trouble finding farms that weren't far away. However, my friend Beth helped me out. She sent me a link to this cooperative which offers a CSA and a Buying Club. Perfect!
Some favorites from last week:
- Musings of a Housewife's Tried and True Chicken Nuggets - We all loved these!
- Kelly the Kitchen Kop's Soaked Baked Oatmeal - Super yummy with a little cream and maple syrup on top.
- Experiment with making Musings of a Housewife's Homemade Whole Wheat Bread Recipe a Soaked Bread Recipe and try Upon Our Hearts's (above).
- Apply for CSA/Buying Club.
- Try Kefir and introduce it to kids.
Heavenly Homemaker's Giant Breakfast Cookies
Homemade Granola with Yogurt and Fruit
Egg in the Hole
Egg and Bacon on WW Bagel
Turkey and Cheese on Crackers
Sandwich - Almond Butter and Honey or Peanut Butter and Banana
Paula Deen's Salmon Croquettes with Green Salad
Kitchen Stewardship's Dad's Cheeseburger Helper with Green Beans and Asparagus
Lentil Tacos and Pinto Beans and Avocado
Calabacitas from Sarah's Musings with a Mixed Green Salad
Spaghetti Squash with Clam Sauce
Roasted Chicken with Macaroni and Cheese and Brussel Sprouts
Check out what other bloggers are eating at I'm an Organizing Junkie.
How did your week go? Did you accomplish your goals? Did you learn/find anything you would like to share? I would love to hear from you!
To see all of the posts in this series go here!