*If you missed the first Itty-Bitty Artists post, go here.
Wednesday will be the first meeting of our Itty-Bitty Artists play group. I have collected the surveys that I sent out last week and have compiled the info into a little booklet that I will give each family. My idea is that if/when another family hosts the play group, they will have all of the information they need.
As I mentioned, I will be using First Art : Art Experiences for Toddlers and Twos as a planning resource. Some of the first activities in the book are fingerpainting, so I thought we would start with these. To begin, we will set out fingerpaint paper and an assortment of colors of fingerpaint and let the children experiment. Then, we will try the following fingerpainting idea, also from Mary Ann Kohl:
- Spread fingerpaint on a cookie sheet.
- Fingerpaint in the paint with fingers, hands, and tools. The tools we will use are toothbrushes, plastic combs, and small toy cars. We may add some additional items, depending on what I find around the house.
- Press a paper over the design.
- Lift the paper to see the print that was made.
- Fingerpaint a new design in the paint.
- Make additional prints.
Check back next week for pictures of the finished products, as well as more ideas.