Friday, August 7, 2009

From One Mom to Another

Just wanted to let you know about two Mom-owned businesses that I absolutely love...



KT Naturals sells all-natural mineral makeup and skin care products. I recently tried samples of their foundation, finishing powder, and blush. I have to tell you ~ I was shocked! The products went on smoothly, stayed in place all day, and looked natural. But here is the best part, KT Natural's products are significantly lower in price than those of national cosmetic brands. For example, a full size jar of foundation from other companies can cost anywhere from $15-$25 dollars. KT Natural's are only $12. I also like the fact that when you reorder, you can order a refill in a bag for only $10.50. This helps save money and the environment.

In addition, I respect the company for signing the The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics (safecosmetics.org), pledging to not use chemicals in our products that are known or strongly suspected of causing cancer, mutation, or birth defects, as well as voluntarily pledging to follow Natural Ingredient Resource Center™ (naturalingredient.org) criteria for labeling natural ingredients and products.

Stop into their on-line store and pick out some samples (only $2) to try. You won't be disappointed!


I am not sure where I first read about Goat Milk Stuff, but I think it may have been on My Charming Kids. If so, thanks MckMama! I love this company for several reasons. First of all, it is owned and operated by a homeschooling family who live on a homestead in rural Indiana. The family works together to run the company, but each person has a specific job to do. So cool! Second, I love that each soap contains over one ounce of goat's milk and is only made with natural fats, coconut oil and olive oil. Plus, the colors in their soaps do not come from dyes or synthetic colors. Third, the smells! Oh, these soaps smell so yummy. My favorites are Clean Cotton and Lavendar for the bathtub, Rosemary Citrus Basil for my kitchen sink, and Ocean for my bathroom sink. Lastly, I respect the fact they treat their small Alpine goat herd with lots of love and care. The goats are not fed any antibiotics or growth hormones, so there is nothing unnatural passed into their milk. My children love the soaps, as well. My two youngest have Eczema and the soap is very gentle on their skin. They all love the little muslin bags that the soaps come in. Try some of their soaps and let me know which scents your family likes.

*Honest Reviewing ~ I was given samples of KT Naturals' products to try. I will definitely be ordering. I purchased soaps from Goat Milk Stuff.

Tweet Me from Raising Itty-Bitty Bookworms

No comments: