Tuesday, July 22, 2014

P is for Pinterest

I have been cooking some recipes and working on some projects from my Pinterest boards.  I am excited about how they have turned out, so I'd thought I would share them with you.

Projects
I am moving to a new school this year.  It is in the community in which I live.  I am very excited about that! Although I don't want to over-decorate my classroom, I want  to give it a "homey" feel.  So far, Gracen and I have made these cute little window decorations

and this table top anchor chart stand. 

Next on my classroom project list:
Covering my desk chair.  Here's how.
How to re-cover a teacher chair!

Covering the sides of my filing cabinet with chalkboard contact paper.  Similar to this.
Fun in Room 4B: Repurposed Filing Cabinet-A How To Guide - chalkboard paint would be cool. Great for storage in girl's room.

Cooking
Jalapeño Cheddar Scones
I saw these and had to make them.  I love jalapenos and sharp cheddar, well, that's a given.  Once again, the Pioneer Woman did not disappoint!

For Sunday dinner I baked a ham and had  LOTS leftover, so I decided to use them in this soup.  I followed the directions, except after cooking the ingredients I did not blend them.  Instead, I blended the remaining two cans of white beans with about 1/2-3/4 cup of chicken stock.  I poured this into the cooking soup to thicken it.  Super yummy!

When I baked the ham, I made these biscuits. My family LOVED them.  In fact, my daughter said they were the best biscuits she had ever had.  

Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches are so delicious - and made with just 5 ingredients! | iowagirleats.com
As I am writing this, I have this in my crockpot.  If it tastes half as good as it smells, my husband will be one happy man.  


What Pinterest recipes and/or projects have you made lately?


No comments: